Thursday, August 25, 2011

Well it has been too long since my last update.  But it has been busy and exciting. 

I have been doing a lot of CAD since my last update.  Most of it has been for the design of new Welding Fixtures for the latest racing kart chassis my employer will be producing.  It is the first time that we have designed the entire chassis welding jig in CAD (Inventor).  So far it seems it has been well worth the effort.  Unfortunately I can't post any images of the CAD models or the finished Jig as they are not really my property.

I can post a pic of another project I have been working on.  Since my last blog update my wife and I got the conformation that she is pregnant with our first child.  So far things have been ticking along nicely but time is moving fast and our baby will be here before we know it.  We are due in late November and so most of my spare time has been spent getting our house into shape and ready for kids. More importantly, I cleaned up my Minimoto Racer and have started some planning for the first go kart build. 

                     Here is a 3D image from our 20week ultrasound.  (About 6weeks ago). 

I have made a start on my design for the ESP Competition Stage 2.  So far I have a nearly completed front wheel.  Nothing too exciting, I should be able to post some images in the next couple of weeks.  I thought I may have missed out on submitting for the second stage but they still haven't announced a due date yet so I may still be in with a shot. 

I stumbled onto a couple of great Solidworks Surfacing tutorials in the last couple of months and spent a couple of nights starting off on the Camaro Tutorial.  I hadn't ever worked with surfaces before so it has been quite a good learning experience.  Whether you use Solidworks or Inventor I'd recommend checking out the links.  I'm looking forward to getting some projects finished so I can get back onto finishing the Camaro off.

http://www.solidsmack.com/resources/the-nose-bleed-of-free-solidworks-tutorials-just-wont-stop/

http://www.solidsmack.com/resources/free-audi-tt-solidworks-video-tutorial-in-26-parts/

Here's a screenshot of my Camaro (well some of it anyway) after a couple of hours work.




Thanks for reading.  I hope to have another Blog update soon with some pics of my ESP Stage 2 entry, my Camaro and maybe the beginnings of a Baby Kart Chassis for our little one.

1 comment:

  1. No updates recently Ben? I know you have been working on some cool stuff.
    Post it :-)

    ReplyDelete