Sunday, December 5, 2010

250 Single Throttle Body




Here’s some screenshots of a Prototype throttle body I was designing earlier in 2010.  If it does make it to prototype production it is destined for use on a single cylinder 250cc four stroke kart engine.  I was asked to produce this model in my own time by a workmate some time ago. I felt it would give me a good opportunity to gain further experience and work on an actual project that may make it to production.  At this stage the project this throttle body was destined for has been put on hold so it has been left in the state you see it.  Hopefully we will get some good news in 2011 and the project will be back on again and we can see it go into prototype production.  I will post updates if it does.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. Is it gonna be developed further?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m with kurumaboi, looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments.

    At the moment other issues have halted the project but it is planned that it would be developed further. If it does move on to prototyping the plan is to produce a 35mm dia. and 38mm dia. version of the throttle body. Both Throttle bodies would then be tested and the engines power characteristics & driveabillity assesed before a decision is made for production.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever get around to finishing this?

    ReplyDelete